Dental implants are prosthetic replacements for missing or severely damaged teeth. Tooth implants provide patients with a natural-looking appearance. They are the gold standard for smile makeovers and dental restoration. If you have lost one or more teeth to fractures or are suffering from gum disease or tooth decay, this procedure could finally give you back your beautiful smile.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
- Implants can be used to fully restore teeth that are too badly damaged or decayed for repair with a filling, a porcelain inlay/onlay or a crown.
- A dental implant restores normal chewing and biting ability. Most patients who receive their implants from our Boston, MA office can resume a normal, healthy diet that includes a wide variety of foods after treatment is complete.
- Tooth implants offer a conservative solution compared to a traditional bridge. Only the tooth that is being replaced is affected. The teeth on either side of the missing tooth are not ground down and capped.
- Patients can opt to have one or several teeth replaced with implants. They can also support dentures. These implant-supported dentures tend to be more stable and comfortable than those held in place with adhesive.
- Replacing a missing tooth with an implant helps prevent other teeth from shifting out of alignment over time. Keeping teeth straight and even promotes better oral care. It makes proper brushing and flossing easier, which reduces the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Since the prosthetic tooth is load-bearing (you can bite and chew with it), an implant may also help limit further jaw bone loss in the treated area.
- Long term success rates with implants range from 95-100%. Some patients enjoy their dental implants for life with no need for replacement or repair.
To learn more about the available dental implant options at our Boston, MA office, please click any of the links below:
- Conventional Dental Implants
- All-Ceramic Dental Implants
- Miniature Dental Implants
Do you have missing teeth? Are you unhappy with your dentures? No need to look any further, you now have options! In addition to solving issues of discomfort, dental implants from our Boston, MA office can also improve your appearance & make you look younger.